Wednesday, July 30, 2014

OPI Glitter Off

Hey guys! Today I'm reviewing OPI 's Glitter Off base coat. I heard it's being discontinued, so if you don't have it yet and want it, grab it when you see it! 
I'm sure most of you have been hearing a lot of buzz lately about using Elmer's white glue as a base coat before applying a dense glitter polish for easy, peel off removal. That's pretty much what Glitter Off is, it doesn't smell like polish. It smells exactly like white glue. 

So this is what it looks like as it's drying. My pinky nail is completely dry. The drying seem to begin at the tip of the nail. That's why it looks like I have major shrinkage going on lol. It took about 3 minutes to dry completely. 


Here's a comparison of the brush next to a normal brush from opi


Instructions say not to use base coat under this and I recomend that as well. I tried that and wrinkled the Glitter Off. It was really weird! 


Here it is completely dry. ( please excuse my stained nails! )


I used Essie's Ignite The Night. It's a really dense glitter that's opaque in three coats. It came off super easy, I used a orange stick to pick at the side of the nail and it pretty much popped off! (PS- this is an old pic I was saving for this blog post, that's why my nail shapes don't match!)

Hope that was helpful! 

-Shaylene <3

No comments:

Post a Comment