Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Nail Care Products

Hey everyone! So I thought I'd share with you all the products i use that make all the difference when it comes to having healthy hands and nails and a beautiful manicure! Obviously everyone is going to be different, but this is what I find works best for me. 
First up is my clean-up brush. 
This is actually just a paint brush that I cut to angle the bristles. This helps clean up any unwanted polish around the edge of the nails and cuticles. This cost me about $1. 

For about $3, I got this 12 pack of Trim brand cuticle sticks from Wal-Mart. It's always better to push back your cuticles, not to cut them. That could lead to an infection. 

This is Essie's Disappearing Trick.  It claims to soften and moisturize cuticles. I found that I had to use this more than I wanted to. But, it definitely did soften my cuticles. 
What I really liked about this was the tip of the tube. It was soft and rubbery and helped massage the product into cuticles. This retails for about $8 CAD. 

Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream.  Love this! 100% natural, and its not just for cuticles! it also helps brittle nails! Besides smelling so delicious, it has a long wear time and it helped my cracked cuticles start healing!! I'd recommend this to anyone who wants to start healing their cuticles or even if you want to maintain healthy cuticles. 
This retails for about $8 CAD. 

This is Revlons Gentle cuticle Remover. I really like this product. You brush it onto cuticles, push them back and 5 minutes later wash it off. It takes a few applications to notice a difference though. It smells like eucalyptus. Gotta love anything that smells good!! 
I picked this up for $6 CAD

Essie's Apricot Cuticle Oil is fantastic!! Apply it twice daily and massage in. I've had this for about a month and you can barely see any product missing. This is by far one of the best cuticle products I've tried. And it smells great!! 
$8 CAD

This is Sally Hansens Continuous Treatment:Strength. This product is to strengthen weak nails. I didn't really like this this unfortunately. Not only did it not do anything for my nails, but it got extremely goopy after a month.
I snagged this for $4 CAD. 

Nicole by OPI Strengthener Plus. This has been by far my favourite nail Strengthener I've tried and I've only been using this for about a week!! Application is nice and it dries quick. (Quick dry is important when you have a kid(s)!!)
$9 CAD

Last but not least, Revlon's Treat & Boost, another nail strengthener. This was ok, nothing to rave about. I didn't really notice a difference. Plus, after it was completely dry, it would still make my nail polish very streaky when applied. 
This was $6 CAD. 

Well that's all folks! Thanks for stopping by! 

-Shaylene <3 

4 comments:

  1. I agree about not cutting cuticles. Also the Sally Hansen product didn't do a thing for my nails either...in fact I found that it actually dried out my nails!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the angled brush ? Do the Essie cuticle products work well for you ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually got this from a dollar store lol. Then I just cut it to the shape I wanted. I love the Essie products! They've definitely saved my cuticles, and the Burt's bees.

      Delete